2017 English Channel swim

Thursday, June 17, 2010

U.S Woman's Record

Today I met with Rafael Gutierrez Mesa, president of the Strait of Gibraltar Swim Association (ACNEG). He said the fastest woman's record is held by Penny Palfrey from Australia with a time of 3 hours and 3 minutes, second place Rashmi Sharma (India ) former world record of 3 hours and 24 minutes, and third place with my time of 3 hours and 28 minutes. He said that I broke the U.S Woman's Record for fastest time for a solo crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar. I am absolutely shocked.......I never imagined that I would be leaving Spain with the U.S. Woman's Record and placing third fastest time for a woman since 1928. I believe my brother Robbie was looking down from heaven and asked Mother Nature to give me a break :-) Thank you, Robbie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! congratulations! we have a sign up here in the lobby at the Y highlighting your accomplishment!
Marjorie Stone

Enda Kennedy said...

Pat

That is just fantastic. Your great. Im so happy for you.

Enda k

produce said...

Great job Pat! You inspire all of us ocean swimmers.Thanks.Welcome back to the chilly waters of Maine.
Lisa C.