2017 English Channel swim

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Catalina Channel swim has started...

Hi all! This is Sarah (Pat's daughter); I will be keeping up the blog during Mom's swim.
Mom started her swim at 12:07a.m. (California time) = 3:07a.m. Eastern time.
Just before she started swimming there were Pelicans, flying fish and a sea lion feeding on thousands of fish. Water temperature is 64 degrees and air temperature is 61 degrees. Conditions are good.

I will continue to keep up the blog as I receive text messages from the boat crew.
GO MOM! :o)

2 comments:

Paula said...

Great. For some reason I just woke up....best of luck and all good stuff for Pat!
P

Henley18 said...

Could not help but hope that conditions there are as nice as they are in ME this AM. No wind, plenty of moonlight-a great way to start the day and it sounds like things are just as nice out there. I have a feeling this is going to be a really good swim.
Looking forward to updates.
Thanks Sarah