2017 English Channel swim

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's nail biting time....

It's a go!  My second attempt of swimming Tsugaru Strait will start on Wednesday at 4 p.m.  Eastern standard time in Maine.  Because of the time zone change in Japan, I will start my swim on Thursday at 5 a.m   Japanese time.  I will be starting from the western peninsula called Tappi located on the island of Honshu.  I will swim to the northern island of Hokkaido.  My new friend Anna Carin-Nordin, a champion Swedish swimmer, will start at the same location.  I feel well prepared for my swim. I've been receiving words of encouragement from all over the world.  It was a great honor for me to receive an email from Ireland's Steven Redmond, the first person in history to successfully complete the Ocean's Seven Challenge....he wished me good luck.  I've been deeply touched from all the emails I received from back home......the great State of Maine.  Thank you.  My crew has been a tremendous help.  Yoko has been very busy translating and Pat Whitney has been a wonderful support.  I can't thank them enough.  A special thanks to my husband Jim and children for their support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will all be stroking with you.
You never thought this one would be easy. Enjoy the moment, new friends, new part of the world and lets hope for a new page in the history books by the end of the day.