2017 English Channel swim

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

North Channel swim .....It's a go!

It's a go for my swim attempt of the North Channel.  I will start my swim from Donaghadee, Ireland at 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday.  With time zone change of five hours, my swim start Tuesday night at 11:30 p.m (Maine).  Water temperature is about 56 degrees with overcast skies.  Air temperature is about 60 degrees.  My boat pilot Quinton Nelson took a swimmer out today and stopped after seven hours of swimming due to hypothermia.  This swim will be my most difficult swim of the Ocean's Seven.  Tides are a major problem off the coast of Scotland.  I will need Mother Nature to be on my side to reach Scotland.  I would like to thank my crew David and Jeannie Gallant for everything they have done. It's a team effort for a swimmer to succeed.  Also, I would to thank my husband and children for being so supportive.  And, a special thank you to all my wonderful co-workers.  And finally, I want to thank everyone from my hometown of Westbrook and the people from Maine for sending words of encouragement. I greatly appreciate it.  My daughter will place posting on my blog with updates.  After completion of my swim, I will post an update within 24 hours.   Thank you again for your support.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Go Pat, go. You can do it!

John Trafton said...

Yes...You can!!!
Go Pat!

BC Friends said...

Pat, we are with you every stroke of the way.

BC FRIENDS

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!!! Enjoy the swim!!!!!! See you soon at BC 2

Bridgeport Gutter Cleaning said...

Thhis was a lovely blog post