2017 English Channel swim

Monday, August 26, 2013

North Channel swim

Today I spoke with my boat pilot Quinton Nelson and he said that weather and currents are looking good for a swim on Tuesday at 11:30 p.m (EST Maine).  With time zone change in Ireland, my swim will start at 4:30 a.m on Wednesday.   The water temperature is in the fifties and I feel comfortable with that temperature.  My biggest concern is the problem with Lion's Mane jellyfish.  I have seen several during my swim training but I have not been stung.  I hope they stay their distance.  I will post an update tomorrow after I receive final confirmation on the weather report. Keeping my fingers crossed for perfect conditions.

4 comments:

Nancy Goldstein said...

WooHoo! So excited for you. Looking forward to another one in the record books for you. Please know that many prayers will go up for you as you swim - especially to keep the jelly fish away!

Paula said...

Great, the good weather. And I will tell those jellies to keep their distance! I will give them my laser evil eye called the Super Paula.

Have a wonderful swim, Pat.

Melly Mel said...

There isn't anything a Maine girl can't do or conquer. We come from hearty stock. Don't let those nasty jellyfish get you down. Good luck, Pat!

Unknown said...

Cheering you on from BC2!!!!!!!! Woooooo. Hoooooo

Robyn Beeler - Nichols