2017 English Channel swim

Thursday, February 13, 2014

2014 Swim for Your Heart

On February 14, 2014 swimmers worldwide will join in thought and action to bring an awareness of heart disease prevention. It is a great honor for me to be here in Mexico City to help promote their event.  As of today,  20,000 swimmers have registered to swim 1 Km for their heart. It will be the largest global swim event promoting the benefits of swimming to prevent heart disease. I would like to thank Antonio Arguelles for his amazing dedication and hard work to educate and promote wellness in his country.  Also, I would like to thank Paul Smith of Grupo Marti, Pablo Kuri Morales the Undersecretary of Health, Prevention, and Promotion, and Hilda Davila Chavez the Director General of International Relations for meeting with me today.  They are working very hard to promote a healthy lifestyle in Mexico. It was a great honor for me to meet them.  I appreciate their support for the event Swim for Your Heart.  Also, I would like to thank Sport City for their involvement and the many other organizations that have worked very hard to make this event so special.  And lastly, I thought of my brother Robbie today.  He died unexpectedly of a heart attack at the age 34.  He was unaware that he had heart disease. On February 14, I will be swimming in his memory and I will make a donation to my favorite heart charity as a tribute to him.  I hope you will join me and make a donation to YOUR favorite heart charity in memory of your loved one.  Thank you.

No comments: